Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gingerbread House

 ~~~~
 ~~~~
~~~~


Hi Everybody...I hope you are all well...I have been a busy little bee preparing for Christmas... I am so excited for My Daughter to come home from University. I spoke to her the other day and I cant believe how 4 months of being on her own she has developed in to a mature young lady... Her dad and I are so proud of her.... I am also having my whole family join us at our house this year. There will be 12 of us in total...So bake bake bake is all I have done for days lol.... I wanted to share my first Gingerbread house that I have made from Scratch!!! I bought the silicone mold from a local store Gifts and Gadgets, made my ginger bread, royal icing and picked out way to much candy lol.... The little reindeer was made from gum paste that I learned how to do from Melissa at My cake school. I also searched around for ideas on google and seen this house from Sweetopia and loved the icicle idea :).... Well that is it for me today. Thanks for dropping by :)..

15 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Monique!
We are also waiting for our daughter to come home after 4 months of study in Switzerland... very far way from home!(this is her first year of studies) I am so exited to see her after such a long time!
Hope you and your family have a blessed time together

Hannelie said...

Sorry! Forgot to tell you that this is LOVELY! Well done!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous gingerbread house Monqiue! Looks so yummy!

Karen Motz said...

It looks delish!! Love that it looks like a log cabin!

Jeanne J. said...

I love your gingerbread house! All the yummy details and bright colors! (and no drips! YIKES!) Great job! This will be the center of attention on your table!

dolcreations said...

Wow,Monique...you are one talented lady in so many departments. I can't believe you made it from scratch...oh so good it must taste! You must be so excited to see your daughter. Have a wonderful weekend Monique! (Your reindeer is adorable too...wow)

Mara Campbell said...

Such an adorable house Monique!!! It's perfect, I love all the details on the roof. I kinda wish I could reach through the screen and grab some of that candy. Ha ha! Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful gingerbread house Monique! all the fun details and the deer outside - what a great table decoration for the Holidays! have a wonderful time with your family!

canadian_liner said...

Gorgeous little gingerbread cottage. Love the deer and the drippy eaves...Enjoy your holiday with your daughter. Having them home from college is the biggest gift...

Tina said...

I love seeing each week your new project...They are always awesome...You are so talented...I wish I had more time to do the things I love. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Monique,
Long time no see. Hope you've been doing well. Awwwww; this is such a sweet little Gingerbread House. Reminds me of my childhood; I remember one year my mum made me one that I had standing in my room....it was soooo cute until the neighbor's big dog came around and bit off a piece of the roof. :-)

Merry X-mas to you.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

WOWZA!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! What a beautiful home you've created here!!!
Merry Christmas to you, Phil and the girls!!!

Julie said...

This is too cute to eat! Fabulous job on this gingerbread house! You have some talent my friend!!!!

bonnie said...

Oh sweetie this is so adorable....I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a fabulous Happy New Year! ;) Hugs x

Sherry said...

Hey Monique,
I have missed you my friend. For some reason, your december post never showed up for me. I tried to find the one that was suppose to posted today, but it didn't come up either. I think my computer is going completely crazy. Of course, I love your gingerbread house. Do you do anything that doesn't turn out amazing. Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.
God Bless
Sherry